If you want to reserve a car so that no one test drives or purchases it before you, you can place a deposit on the vehicle. A $250 deposit can be placed on a credit card through your dashboard before, during, or after your test drive appointment. Placing a deposit will hold the car for 72 hours, ensuring it will not be booked for appointments and preventing others from purchasing it during this time. The deposit is not refundable or transferrable.
Articles in this section
- Do I need an appointment?
- Can I trade-in my vehicle with Shift?
- Is the car I’m interested in still available?
- What is Shift’s Service Fee?
- Can I see multiple cars?
- What if I want to trade in my car as well?
- How do I make sure no one test drives the car I want before me?
- Do you have photos of the specific car listed?
- Has this car been smoked in?
- Can you confirm a specific feature of the car? (ex: third row seats)