In some instances, we may not be able to provide an estimate for your car due to to three main types of disqualifying factors below. We provide you with this context upfront, so that we can save you time from booking an evaluation appointment that results in disqualifying your car in person.
- A vehicle model year that is outside our target range (i.e. either too old or too new)
- A luxury vehicle or highly custom vehicle that may be too expensive and thus risky for us to purchase, handle, or transport
- Specific aftermarket modifications that would significantly impact reconditioning of the car
Vehicle Condition & History
- High mileage
- A vehicle that has been smoked in
- A vehicle that has active warning light(s) that would deem an expensive repair
- A vehicle that has a disqualifying incident on its vehicle history report
Out of Service Area
We are currently unable to provide an estimate for your vehicle if you are outside of our current service areas for buying cars. We currently operate in and around the following US cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, Seattle, Portland, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio. If your zip code was not accepted when trying to get an online estimate, you can try bringing your car to one of our Shift locations instead.
For additional questions and help, you can call us at +1 (415) 275-6947 or email us at email@example.com