In some instances, Shift may not be able to provide an estimate on your vehicle due to the following disqualifying factors:
There are certain attributes of your vehicle that may disqualify it from getting an estimate at this time, including:
- Your vehicle has high mileage.
- Your vehicle’s model year is outside Shift’s target range.
- Your vehicle is a luxury or highly custom vehicle that may be too expensive and thus risky for us to purchase, handle, or transport.
- Your vehicle has certain aftermarket modifications that would significantly impact reconditioning of your specific year/make/model.
Based on the condition and history of your vehicle, your vehicle may be ineligible for an estimate. We provide you with this context upfront, so that we can save you time later on at an evaluation appointment if we decide to disqualify your vehicle in person.These criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Your vehicle has been smoked in.
- Your vehicle has an active warning light specific to your year/make/model that results in an expensive repair.
- Your vehicle has a disqualifying incident on its vehicle history report.
Out of Service Area
We are currently unable to provide an estimate on your vehicle if you are outside of our current service areas. Shift currently operates in and around the following US cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Austin and San Antonio.